Collaborations at Northwestern University/NMH
1. Wayne State University, Vitamin D study
To evaluate the efficiency of adjunct vitamin D therapy in vitamin D deficient patients with hypertension. We evaluate left ventricular function and morphology.
- principle investigator: Dr. Phil Levy (Wayne State University)
- as NIH subcontractor we are performing cardiac MRI analysis
2. COMBINE study
Define the impact of phosphate and FGF23-lowering on surrogate measures of CVD risk
This is a multi center MRI study and our role is to function as the cardiac MRI core lab. We helped with the MRI study design, setup of image protocols, prepare the scope of work and Manual of Operations (MOP’s), organized the data transfer and we will train the MRI techologist at the other sites to perform the cardiac MRI scans. Once we receive the MRI data we will perform serial assessments of cardiac structure and function.
- principal investigator of MRI study: Dr. Tamara Isakova
- we are NIH study subcontractor
- we work together with Dr. Prasad Pottumarthi at NorthShore University, who serves as core lab for the renal MR imaging
3. 4D Flow analysis in BAV patients
The 4D Lab’s responsibility is to analyze the 4D flow MRI data of BAV patients (image post-processing, segmentation of the aorta, velocity MIP map and blood flow visualization).
- This is part of an NIH funded study with Drs Michael Markl, Patrick McCarthy and Alex Barker as principal investigators
- A collaboration with Bluhm Cardiovascular Institute.